PLAYING SATURDAY APRIL 25
One of the much awaited movies of the year, featuring ace actors Mohanlal and Manju Warrier, helmed by director Sathyan Anthikkad, Ennum Eppozhum will hit the screens on Saturday.
Marking a return of the late 80s endearing format, the film has all the masala to be a blockbuster. Here are the five things about the movie:
1. Complete family package: Just like all the time, family audience has high expectation about this Sathyan Anthikad movie. He is one of the rare filmmakers, who assures to delve into the middle-class life presenting the entertainer with little melodrama and more humour.
2. Mohanlal-Manju Warrier chemistry: Mohanlal and Manju Warrier have so far worked together brilliantly in three movies including the all time blockbuster Aaram Thampuran. Fans have always liked their sizzling chemistry in all the movies and now they are together after a gap of 17 years.
3. The plot: Ennum Eppozhum claims to have the same pattern as ever-popularGandhinagar 2nd Street and Sanmanasullavarkku Samadhanam. The movie will see Mohanlal play the role of ‘Vineeth’, a negligent reporter of a leading women’s magazine who lacks commitment to his work. Manju Warrier plays the role of ‘Deepa’, a socially-committed family court lawyer. The film talks about how these two individuals, who are poles apart in character, meet by destiny and the troubles they face in adjusting to each other. The film assures to have a new pattern of visual story telling and the plot is not something cliched. The script writer Ranjan Pramod has teamed up with Sathyan Anthikad twice before – both the movies Manasinakkare and Achuvinte Amma which were hits. So, the expectation from this team is high too.
4. Soundtracks: The album consist of four songs and Vidyasagar has struck again with his melodies. Work by Rafeeq Ahmed, the lyricist, also makes songs in the movie special in its own way. The most applauded is the song Pulariponne sung by Vijay Yesudas which sounds like a typical one from a Sathyan Anthikkad movie.
5. The star cast: The movie has a strong array of supporting cast which includes Innocent, Lena, Renji Panicker, Santhosh Keezhattoor, Jacob Gregory. Another thing to note is that we won’t see Anthikad regulars in the cast except for Innocent. Mamukoya and KPAC Lalita are missing this time and a handful of new actors have been incorporated including some talented theatre artists.