An Evening of Sign Language Films
- Words by Anup Bhandari (14 min.) – a love story between two characters, one Deaf, one hearing. ASL with English subtitles.
- Deaf Lens by Wayne Betts Jr. (18 min.) – a TEDxIslay talk by on the topic of film making from a Deaf perspective. ASL with English subtitles.
- This is Normal by Justin Giddings & Ryan Welsh (19 min.) – a young Deaf woman risks friends, culture, and identity by undergoing an experimental medical procedure that will give her the ability to hear. ASL, English, adaptive English subtitles, and English subtitles.
- Dance of Words by Yves Étienne Massicotte (44 min.) – a documentary glimpse of the lives of 5 Deaf Francophone artists who have embraced their deaf identity in adulthood after spending their childhoods in that grey zone between hearing culture and Deaf culture. LSQ (Quebec Sign Language) with English voiceover and subtitles.
- Words, Anup Bhandari, 14 min., United States
- Deaf Lens, Wayne Betts Jr., 18 min., United States
- This is Normal, Justin Giddings & Ryan Welsh, 19 min., United States
- Dance of Words, Yves Étienne Massicotte, 44 min., Canada
$7 (with valid student card)
* Mayfair Theatre prices in effect for all other tickets.
Presented by School of Linguistics & Language Studies, Carleton University