An ex-prostitute starts a new life by marrying her loved one but leaving the shadow of her dark past is not as easy as it seemed before. Now she is the prisoner of her loved one and to earn her freedom she should fight with the masculine society
Directors View: In Irans today society making a film about prostitutes is a real challenge cause the society and government deny their very existence. Now its much more difficult that your protagonist be an ex-prostitute. I tried to show a woman behind bars and fences all over todays Tehran, whom is trying to overcome all the intolerance and traditional and religious dogmatism in her society, to live and stay alive. A society which doesnt wish to let her forget the past.
Presented by the Persian Arts and Cultural Society of Ottawa (PACSO) and Aria Persys Film Production Company.
Queens World Film Festival (2016):
– Sareh Bayat won the Jury Award for best actress in a feature role
– Abbas Rafei won the Special Jury Award for world social impact
– Abbas Rafei nominated for Jury Award for best feature narrative
Winter Film Awards (2016):
– Abbas Rafei nominated for the Award of Excellence for best director
– Abbas Rafei nominated for Best Picture Award
Tiburon International Film Festival (2016):
– Sareh Bayat won the Best Actress Award
Brasov International Film Festival (2015):
– Abbas Rafei won the Jury Prize for best film