Grand Hotel – 90th Anniversary – Screening on December 4, 5!
Five decades of Academy Award Best Picture winners, counting down to the Mayfair’s 90th Anniversary on December 5, 2022!
– The Godfather (Academy Awards: Best Picture 1972) – the Week of November 4
– Lawrence of Arabia (Academy Awards: Best Picture 1962) – the Week of November 11
– The Greatest Show On Earth (Academy Awards: Best Picture 1952) – the Week of November 18
– Casablanca (Academy Awards: Best Picture 1942) – the Week of November 25
– Grand Hotel (Academy Awards: Best Picture 1932) – the Week of December 2
A group of very different individuals staying at a luxurious hotel in Berlin deal with each of their respective dramas.
Academy Awards: Best Picture award winner!
National Film Preservation Board: Added to the National Film Registry in 2007!
“a piece of Hollywood magic” (Flick Filosopher)
“a remarkable piece of work.” (New York Daily News)
“remains a classic masterpiece as the first all-star Hollywood epic” (Filmsite)
“the early-’30s Hollywood machine doing everything exactly right in the creation of gratifying entertainment.” (Alternate Ending)
*Please take note that doors open 30 minutes before showtimes. We encourage people to arrive early. We have a small box office, a small candy bar, and a single-screen cinema, meaning that when most of an audience shows up a few minutes before showtime, it causes a bottleneck. If possible, we appreciate you arriving a little bit early to pick out your seat and get your popcorn. Thanks for your help!