Friday March 4 – Thursday March 10!
– The Automat: “wins us over with humor and a pointed touch of melancholy.” (The Hollywood Reporter)
“The Automat is a film of such charm.” (Victoria Film Festival)
– Parallel Mothers: Academy Awards: Best Actress (Penélope Cruz), Original Score nominee!
5 Stars! “Almodóvar delivers an emotional bundle of joy” (The Guardian)
– Belfast: Academy Awards: Best Picture, Directing, Original Screenplay, Supporting Actor (Ciarán Hinds), Supporting Actress (Judi Dench), Original Song, Sound nominee!
TIFF: Best Film/People’s Choice Award winner!
– West Side Story: Academy Awards: Best Picture, Directing, Cinematography, Supporting Actress (Ariana DeBose), Production Design, Costume Design, Sound nominee!
AFI Awards, USA: Movie Of The Year award winner!
– The Big Lebowski: 5 Stars! “Not only is this classic Coen Brothers, it’s exemplary Jeff Bridges.” (BBC)
5 Stars! ”the Coen brothers’ comic masterpiece” (The Guardian)
– What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?: Cannes Film Festival: Palme d’Or nominee!
National Film Preservation Board: Added to the National Film Registry in 2021!
4/4 Stars! “one of Hollywood’s best gothic grotesqueries.” (Roger Ebert)
– Blazing Saddles: 4/4 Stars! “It’s a crazed grab-bag of a movie that does everything to keep us laughing” (Roger Ebert)
5 Stars! “Stands next to Young Frankenstein as Brooks’ best movie” (Empire)
– Shits & Giggles 2: Ottawa’s Comedy Film Fest: Ottawa Premiere of the annual presentation of locally produced short comedy films, presented by Vincent Valentino. Tickets $10.